Montbelle Primary schools accessibility plan has been drawn up in compliance with current legislation and requirements from the equality Act 2010, specified in schedule 10 which relates to disability.
- We are committed to providing a fully accessible environment that values and includes all pupils, staff, parents and visitors regardless of their education, physical, sensory, social, spiritual, emotional and cultural needs. As a Rights Respecting School and Stonewall Champion, we are committed to challenging negative attitudes, including those surrounding disability and accessibility, and to developing a culture of awareness, tolerance and inclusion.
- Montbelle Primary School continues to develop the physical and school environment to make it accessible and able to meet the needs of all pupils, staff and visitors to the school. Relevant information regarding the physical environment, curriculum, aids and equipment and written information are all available on request.
- We acknowledge that there is a need for ongoing awareness raising and training for staff and governors in the matter of disability discrimination and the need to inform attitudes on this matter.
- As curriculum policies are reviewed, a section relating to access will be added to that on equality and diversity. In future, the terms of reference for all governors’ committees will contain an item on ‘having regard to the matters relating to access’.
- Information about our Accessibility plan will be published on the website and be made available in the school office.